Kindness Animal Clinic Coronavirus Plan
*STAY AT HOME ORDER has been implemented by Governor Inslee (March 23, 2020). Veterinary Medical care is considered an essential service and we are still open our revised hours. We are following our new social distancing protocol of clients pulling up curbside and letting us know when you arrive. Questions? Please give us a call 360-794-8813.
In the midst of recent developments with COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are implementing a plan to help protect our clients and our team. So far, there has been no evidence pets are able to transmit the virus back and forth with humans. Our concern is human to human transmission. The greatest risk for transmission is through airborne particles and surface contamination. Our hospital policy already dictates we routinely disinfect surfaces with a medical grade disinfectant, and wash our hands frequently. We are adjusting our practice to focus on limiting our exposure between humans.
We will happily shake paws...but NOT hands!
- In addition to our regular exam room cleaning, we will be cleaning all door handles between appointments.
- We will be disinfecting our phones, desks, keyboards and mouse surfaces frequently.
- Our credit card machine is on the front desk for you to operate yourself and we will be disinfecting it after each use.
- We don’t want our pet patients to go without veterinary care. We have set up a Pet Only Appointment:
We will meet you in your car (call us when you arrive 360- 794-8813) or just outside our front door, and take your pet inside for an exam. You can remain in your car during the appointment and Dr. Garver will speak with you on the phone about your pet. We will check you out over the phone, and meet you at the front door or car with your pet and any needed medications.
- For surgical drop offs, we can email you the estimate to complete prior to your arrival. You can either scan it and email it back, or hand it to us when you arrive with your pet. Post surgical pet pick up will be the same as for a pet only appointment. * As of 3/20 we will be following American Veterinary Medical Association’s guidelines and will NOT be doing elective surgeries and dentistries in order to conserve medical resources for our human medical care workers and patients.
- We will also happily do car side delivery for prescriptions and pet diets...just let us know when you call to request them.
In addition, we will be revising our hours. Starting immediately...and for as long as needed...we will now be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8AM to 6PM with our usual closure 12:30-1:30 for lunch. We will be closed on Wednesday and the weekend. These new hours are to allow us to deep clean our hospital and to minimize our staff exposure. We will keep you updated through our Facebook page, website, and email. Our goal is for Kindness Animal Clinic to remain a safe place for you, your pets, and our staff.